Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Wish List

I love to be young. I am easily satisfied during my younger days. I am delighted when I got my first mountain bike, overjoyed when I bought my first car using my hard-earned money during university days. It's very hard to describe my joy in words. However, I am supposed to celebrate joyfully upon settling my home loan last year but I wasn't really overjoyed. The only feeling I had was, relieved.

One of the hardest thing to to overcome in city is temptation, and one of the hardest thing to achieve is satisfaction. I have to admit human are greedy in nature but temptation makes it even harder for people to survive happily in the city. I can still recall vividly that the best ice-cream in my hometown were Walls and Nestle. (FYI, my hometown is a small town with a population of about 100,000). There is no Hagen Dazz, Baskins, NZ Natural, you name it. Peer pressure makes it hard for you not to taste them, especially if you are a young working middle class. What makes it worse is that once you have tasted them, you will never be able to appreciate Walls and Nestle again. Life is hard, our decisions are always contradicting, huh?

To satisfy all your needs, you will have to earn more. Some chose 0 % payment scheme to satisfy their needs while some work day and night just to afford higher taste. I knew this will never end. I knew I couldn't afford everything I wanted. I came out with a solution for myself, a wish list.

My wish list is supposed to make myself happy in every milestone of my life while helping me to control my spending habits. Some milestone were based on accumulated wealth while some were based on personal achievements. The wish list is meant to be a reward scheme to make my family and myself happy especially when I have achieved certain milestone. Wish list is also a way to drive myself harder to achieve something in life in order to enjoy the carrots.

I will probably share my wish list as snippets in future entries. If you are finding yourself in a dilemma to own something you wanted a lot, create a wish list. You will be happier, someday.

1 comment:

cc said...

Ah, hope and wishes, what keep us going ahead. :)

Thanks for dropping by my blog. :)